Thursday 3 March 2011

R107 — R110: Constellations and asterisms

The maps that were exhibited in posting "Example maps" were generated from R110 adding Constellation bounds. Revisions from R106:

  • R107 (Feb 8, 2011): ripout of star struct into star.[ch],
  • R108 (Feb 17, 2011): microscopic struct attribute and function renames,
  • R109 (Feb 26, 2011): adding asterism line drawing,
  • R110 (Mar 3, 2011): adding code for loading and drawing constellations' bounds.
The project is as alive as possible, given the current life conditions. I'm doing "practice work" in my church¹), full time, and some voluntary works at that church in the evenings, whenever I'm not applying for jobs that none is going to give me. This blog and the sternons project is designed to be a "job application merit", but it doesn't matter, because I'm 50 years old and nobody in Sweden is going to employ me anyways ²). My real purpose with this blog and the project are the star maps, just the star maps ... and to whatever use one may put star maps ...

¹)Willingly: it's my church, just not the nearest church.
²)Capitalism sucks, truly: any system that refuses to employ a well educated healty computer engineer with full working capacity under a hot boom when there's a shortage of computer engineers, is a sociopathic system (I'm hereby mild and reconsiling).

No comments: