Saturday 27 April 2013

Choices: star maps versus doc?

Just now I'm pondering about redefining my release plan. The problem is that, as defined in the link, it requires me to generate all 88 modern constellations in order to reach alpha level, but that's not the usual meaning of "alpha level" in software development. Alpha usually means something that works but may have bugs, and also don't necessarily have all the planned facilities. Also: it is overdue to startup some kind of documentation – it's very fun (and funny) for me to sit here programming, but it's of no use to generate nifty star maps if others cannot use the program according to their wishes, or, perhaps take the code and modify it for other purposes. According to my opinion, there's a lot of free software out there having quite inferior documentation, that are failing just because of inferior documentation and nothing else. Gnome and other desktop systems on Linux have very clearly inferior documentation, documenting exactly what anyone with at least a little brains can infer without documentation. That s*x!!

Here another star map (the constellation Aquarius):

I'll be back!

No comments: